Strawberry Freezer Jam

While Mom was in town visiting, we made the most delicious strawberry freezer jam I've ever had.  It tastes more like fresh fruit than sugar, and I think I've had it every day since!  In a little over an hour's time, we made 12 jars of jam, from start to finish.  This recipe is the one printed on the pectin package.

Strawberry Freezer Jam

4 c. crushed strawberries (approx. 2 lbs. of fresh fruit) *
1.5 c. sugar
1 packet Ball No-Cook Freezer Jam Fruit Pectin
5+ 8-oz. freezer containers (I used Ball plastic jars)

Stir pectin and sugar in a bowl until well blended.
Stir in strawberries until fully incorporated.
Stir 3 minutes longer.
Ladle jam into clean jars to fill line.
Twist on lids.
Let stand until thickened, about 30 minutes.
Refrigerate up to 3 weeks, freeze up to 1 year.

* I recommend using a food processor to crush your strawberries (use the 'pulse' mode a few times).  Otherwise, you'll wear yourself out using a potato masher.  I have the Cuisinart SmartPower Duet Blender/Food Processor, and it was perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails